So, I challenged myself for the month of February to either:
- Jog every day, or
- Do magic for a stranger(s) every day
On the Facebook poll, I received 10-10 in votes…
But on Instagram, I received 60% in favor of magic out of about 100+ votes.
And so it begins…
Tomorrow is February, and although I’ve performed magic for strangers before, I will have to face a few different challenges
- The fact that I am in a foreign country and the culture is noticeably different. (Approaching strangers is generally more awkward)
- I will have to do it EVERY DAY. If you know me, I am a hermit on the weekends. Guess I won’t be able to stay in bed all day on Saturdays
- This weekend, I am going to Indonesia. What a way to start the challenge by traveling to another foreign country
- Expect MANY rejections. ( what else is new though, right? )
I will document my journey. I expect a lot of rejections and a lot of awkward moments due to language barriers. I also expect a lot of frightened people when they see me randomly approach them (as I mentioned, the culture here is a bit different and it generally seems to be more “keep to yourself”)
But I also expect a lot of lessons to be learned through the rejections, through building more connections, and I will hopefully build more confidence.
Wish me luck, and thank you to everyone who voted!
Grateful Day 31: I am grateful for everyone who voted, and am grateful for everyone who has followed my journey so far! Wish me luck and I will need all of your guys’ support to complete this challenge.